3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer shortcuts on MFP M528

HP MFP 528
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do we create printer shortcuts on a MFP M528? All our other printers we can set to a set Tray number and number of copies

3 REPLIES 3
Level 10
Level 10
3,325 3,312 317 673
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If you are referring to printing from a computer, that is all done through the driver. On your PC, go to control panel>devices and printers and then right click on the icon for the printer and select printer properties. On the window that opens click on printer preferences in the lower left of the window and click on printing shortcuts on the tabs across the top. Make the changes you want, click save as and it will create a new shortcut. This creates shortcuts for the currently logged in user. If you want to create print shortcuts that will show for all users on that PC, on the window that opens when you click printer properties, click on Advanced>printing defaults.

printer shortcuts.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
PalletmanVPW
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

We are not seeing these options for the MFP M528. We have our other printers set that way you described

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
3,325 3,312 317 673
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What driver do you have installed. Based on the lack of options I am going to guess the Microsoft Class Driver V4. Download the UPD PCL6 driver version 6.8 and manually install the printer and you will get all the options.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation