Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet pro mfp m277dw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

When I try to print the document goes into the print queue and the printer fires up, but then dies again without actually printing anything. The printer says its printing but never actually feeds paper.  Copying is fine so the paper feed is Ok.

I have tried pulling the power cord for 60 secs and resetting the printing system but nothing has worked so far.  The computer can see the printer as I am able to scan using ImageCapture app on my MacBook Air.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have investigated further and I think its a software problem in that your email printed properly but fails when printing from Adobe Actobat (which I have used loads of times in the past)

I'll mark this problem as solved and sorry to have bothered you with a non HP problem

All the best

Paul

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@snevets_p

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the printer starts but doesn't print,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to reset the printer?

Did you remove multiple printers from the printer list?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. A power reset can help when the printer is not accepting communication from the Mac.

1. Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 60 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button  to turn it on.

8. Try printing again and note what happens.

• If the printer prints, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the print job becomes stuck again, continue to the next step.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists: The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have investigated further and I think its a software problem in that your email printed properly but fails when printing from Adobe Actobat (which I have used loads of times in the past)

I'll mark this problem as solved and sorry to have bothered you with a non HP problem

All the best

Paul

HP Recommended

@snevets_p

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you were able to identify the issue for your concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about it.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope it works out for you, that said, feel free to get back to us any time and we'll be happy to help resolve the issue.

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.