Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET PRO M402n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I am desperate for help, I am at work and I cannot stop this printer from continually printing everything in manual duplex mode, the pages are upside down and I have to get up to press the button manually to even print the messed up documents. I work for a small accounting firm and it's tax season, my Boss is flipping out and I have uninstalled the printer several times to no avail, I used the original disk to reinstall, I reset factory defaults, nothing works, please help me, someone, I'm out of ideas and I have to get this printer working asap. We've had this printer for 2 years and it's never done this before, I didn't change any settings and I have never even printed on both sides of one paper ever, so I'm at a loss to how this happened and more importantly, how do I stop this printer from going back to manual duplex mode everytime I hit the print button.  I would appreciate anyone's ideas on this, my sanity is fading fast on this situation.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you mean the printer wants to print from the manual tray?

If so, you need to check the papersettings on the computer. It has to match the printer's tray 2 settings. 

For example you can check Tray 2 settings to papertype "plain" and make sure when you print that you also print from the computer with papertype "plain"

I might have misunderstood the question as I'm not sure what you mean with manual duplex.

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help me, I will try anything.  I changed the settings for tray 2, as you suggested and it still reverted back to Manual Duplex, Tray 1 and I have to physically get up and hit Ok on the printer, then the worst is, the pages comes out in some random order and I am completely at a loss as to what Manual Duplex printing even is, all I know is if you get stuck on it, you are Never getting out of it. I don't know what else to do, but I do honestly appreciate that you replied to me, thank you.

HP Recommended

I’m happy to help. 

When the printer force you to hit ok on the display, you should read what it says. Take note, it should ask for some specific paper type and paper size. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.