cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Printer telling me to load paper but paper tray is full and printing information sheet works

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am trying to get my HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251 to print for the first time. I have installed the driver and my computer has registered the printer. When I try to print the HP utility says that the device is out of paper, however the paper tray is full. When I print the information sheet directly from the printer it works fine so the paper is being fed into the printer without a problem. What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,511
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lt400

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw. I read that the printer does not print from the computer and an out of paper error appears. However, the information sheet is printed fine from the printer. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any hardware changes take place on the printer (like a paper jam, etc.)?
  • Are you selecting the correct paper size and type from te print application you're trying to print from?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists the I suggest you to perform the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix paper feed related issues. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. No this did not help. This is the first time I am trying to use the printer. There are no paper jams and I am selecting the correct paper size. 

As I said, when I print the information sheet directly from the printer itself (rather than through the computer) it prints perfectly. However when I try to print from the computer the printer utility states that there is no paper. 

I have already worked through the steps in that document and it did not help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 486 950
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lt400, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the hard reset suggested. 

As the printer is printing the report fine, recommend you follow the procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer, reset the printing system and then download the latest full feature software from www.hp.com/drivers and install it back on your computer and check. 

HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

(Have the printer disconnected from the computer during uninstallation.)

HP Printers - Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

Restart your MAC and download the latest full feature software from www.hp.com/drivers and install it back on your computer and check. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I tried uninstalling the software, resetting the printing systems and reinstalling hte software but I am still getting the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 486 950
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Recommend you create a new user account on your and try configuring the printer on the new user account and check. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do I create a user account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 486 950
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, you can create a new user account from System Preferences. If you are not aware of the method, recommend you contact MAC support for assistance or refer to this Apple article

The article is for MAC OS X 10.11 but the procedure is the same for 10.12 as well.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation