Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)

Printer will not print black ink

Product Name: HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Operating System: macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have purchased and just installed a new Black Ink Cartridge 902XL. When I attempt to print none of the text in black prints. The system recognizes the printer and all supply levels including black. I have tried two different new cartridges with the same result. What is wrong?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (111 Views)

Re: Printer will not print black ink

@Tomla,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you are facing issue with the ink cartridge.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you using genuine HP ink cartridge?

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, click here for further assistance.

For further assistance contact HP Phone Support.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know :)

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

If you like to appreciate my efforts clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (91 Views)

I performed the hard start procedure. It did not solve the problem. I called HP Phone Support number that I found (1-866-336-4033) and ended up with a scam where they wanted to charge me either $295 for 6 months support or $395 for a year of support. They wanted control over my PC then claimed that my entire network was filled with viruses. I hung up, and called Apple for support since my laptop is a new MacBook Pro. We cleaned the system and I feel confident that they did not introduce any unfound software on my system. I cannot find the real HP Phone Support Number and am leary of calling any number that I cannot ensure is Real HP Phone Support.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (84 Views)

@Tomla,

Thanks for the reply,

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know :)

If you like to appreciate my efforts clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation