cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printers Stopped Working

HP Recommended
office laserjet 400 m401dne
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, I have a client who uses two laserjet 400's. One stopped working printing on wifi the week before last and the other last week. Is there a known bug with latest Windows 10 updates?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
839 805 70 237
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

In many cases where this becomes an issue in Windows 10 you can resolve it by setting a static IP address for the printer and Upating the print queue.

Check out this support page:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/faq.html

And look at the section called:

Will setting a manual (or static IP) address on my printer keep my computer from losing communication with my wireless printer?

This outlines the instructions.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

As per my understanding, the M401 printer(s) is connected over a wireless network to the Windows 10 PC and has stopped working now. 

Below is the a document that I would suggest you use to troubleshoot the wireless connectivity issues:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03258965#AbT1

Else if the device(s) loses connection intermittently with the Windows 10 PC, please try the following:

Connect the printer using a TCP/IP Port instead of using a WSD Port.

==============================================

Follow these steps to create the TCP/IP Port on your computer:

Open the Devices and Printers folder.

Right-click the M401 printer, and then select Printer properties.

1: Printer properties > Select the Ports tab.

2: WSD Port > Click Add Port > On the Printer Ports window, select the Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.

3: Printer Ports > Select Next on the Printer Port Wizard.

4: Printer Port Wizard > Type the IP Address of the printer in the Printer Name or IP Address text box. For the printer’s IP address, print a Configuration page from the Reports menu on the printer’s control panel.

5: IP address for printer > The Printer Port Wizard creates a TCP/IP Port for the printer. Make sure that the printer status is “Online” in Windows, and the printer prints with no issues.

Thanks,

Keep me posted!

I am an HP employee
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation