Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M29w
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

From MS Word my new HP LaserJet MFP M29w is printing twice on a single page. Example: It will print page 1 and page 2 on the same page.   It did this the first time I printed.

On a MacBook Pro (from 2016) using the AirPrint driver. AirPrint driver is turned on.

(verified by Apple Icon/System PreferencesPrinters & Scanners/Select Printer/Options & Supplies/Show Printer Web Page).

MS Word settings show Two-Sided Printing is turned off  

(verified by MS Word/File/Print/Presets/Show Presets/Layout)

How can I prevent it from printing twice on the same page ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it turns out that...

The actual cause had nothing to do with software or settings. The printed pages were curling down and reentering the printer (sometimes i.e. intermittently). After discovering this we found that there is a little plastic extension designed into the printer that you have to pull out to support the paper to prevent this from happening. We did this. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not sure about this model but many HP printers can now be configured to print duplex regardless of driver settings. Check the toolbox or the embedded web server to see if that is the case.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Please read the original question. How can I prevent my printer from printing twice on the same page

HP Recommended

Having re-read your original post, I will state what I understand is your issue. Even though you have driver and software settings set for non-duplex printing you are getting duplex prints. Is it just word or any application you print from. If all applications then the most likely issue is a hardware setting on the printer telling it to duplex all prints. This would override all software and driver settings. You would access this setting through the HP Toolbox or the embedded web . server on the printer or control panel of printer if your device has a control panel. 

If just in word then there may be an update required to word.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks, but it turns out that...

The actual cause had nothing to do with software or settings. The printed pages were curling down and reentering the printer (sometimes i.e. intermittently). After discovering this we found that there is a little plastic extension designed into the printer that you have to pull out to support the paper to prevent this from happening. We did this. Problem solved!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.