Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP laserjet1025nw color
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I keep getting error message "Stopped-'filter' failed" when trying to print to my LaserJet CP1025nw color printer.  I have tried rebooting both the computer and the printer.  Even tried directly connecting printer to computer via USB in case wireless was the issue.  My HP inkjet printer works fine

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@kirbod

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

As per the document available here, HP LaserJet CP1025 Color printer is not compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave. However, we could try adding an alternate driver. Let's try these steps:

1.) Download and install HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for OS X from here.

2.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

3.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign  to delete the printer.

4.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

5.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

6.) Click the drop-down menu next to Use and click on Select Printer Software.

7.) Select the LaserJet Pro CP1520 Series from the list.

8.) Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Senan6806

I have been having the same issue since installing Mojave. The LaserJet Pro CP1520 Series driver does not resolve the issue. Are there other drivers that may work?

HP Recommended

Selecting the CP1520 printer software did not resolve the problem.  Now the job appears as if it is going to print with the mesage "printing-connected to printer' but then the job just disappears with nothing having printed.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@kirbod

@Komputr

We could try adding a Generic PCL driver. Here is how to do it:

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with it's software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select Generic PCL Printer in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

6.) Try to Print.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Senan6806

@kirbod

No luck there. The generic drivers are not available using that method. I found these instructions that mention adding a printer as an IP printer. The generic drivers are available using this method but the print job still disappears instead of printing.

HP Recommended

@Komputr

I'm afraid, we have tried all possible steps that I could think of. Please call HP Support for further assistance, I've send you a private message with instruction on how to contact your regional HP Support. Could you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Senan6806

@kirbod

Just for the record, I am able to add the printer using AirPrint but I lose the ability to use manual duplexing and other advanced features. At least I can print something.

HP Recommended

@Komputr

Glad to hear that you found a workaround.

If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.