Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (312 Views)

Printing in reverse order

Product Name: HP Officejet Pro 8710
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I cannon get my 8710 printer to print in reverse order.  I've checked the box and even tried restarting the computer, but nothing works. My IT guy cannot figure it out after 2 hours of trying every way possible. We even disconnected the eithernet and pluged directly into printer via cable.  What is the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

Re: Printing in reverse order

Hi! @plee193, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issues printing in reverse order from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

You can install an alternate driver that would be compatible with the 8710 but provides more options.  I would suggest the Deskjet 6980 driver, which can be installed as follows:  click Start, Devices and Printers, right click on the Officejet Pro 8710, Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver, Next, Windows Update, (wait a few minutes for the updated list to appear), select HP (not Hewlett-Packard) for the manufacturer and then select HP Deskjet 6980 series (HP), Next, Finish, General, Type in a new printer name - it will have changed to HP Deskjet 6980, you will probably want to change it back to HP Officejet 8710, Apply, OK.

Page order can now be set in the Advanced tab.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful weekend ahead! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Student
Message 3 of 3 (215 Views)

Re: Printing in reverse order

Hi,

Thank you for addressing the reverse order issue, however now the printer only prints the odd number pages, then even. How do I get it to print the job in one go? Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation