Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet CP1525nw color
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Greetings,

My laser printer that has seen so little use over the years that only recently did I have to replace the starter black cartridge with a regular one. The starter color cartridges are low but still ok. 

Since I replaced the black I needed to print a couple docx files in black. It printed a page perfectly, then the next one was blank. After that it would not even put out a sheet, only looping noise from attempts. The black cartridge is brand new and the color ones are low (but not with a warning message). Can anybody help me figure out what's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @tmcafe,

A warm welcome to HP Community!

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Could you print a configuration report using the printer control panel and let me know the results. Instructions on how to print a configuration report can be found here.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying! Earlier today I took the printer to the store where I got the black cartridge and the salesman was able to print a test page (I think not connected to my macbook iirc) which looked fine. After that we tried to print a docx from my macbook but the same as before there would be just the rolling noise of printing/picking up the paper, and then one more time, and again, etc without anything coming out of the printer. 

He downloaded the driver for his Windows computer and tried to print from it but the same thing happened: a repeating sequence of printing noise, with nothing coming out of the printer. 

I left the printer there at the salesman's suggestion who said he'll try to find a solution. I'll go back in the morning and will try to follow up with your suggestion. 

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Sounds like a dirty pickup roller that is preventing proper pickup. Remove the tray, looking the cavity at the top back and you will see the pickup roller in the middle. It should have ridges on it. If it is polished looking then it is worn and will need to replaced. Also make sure that the paper size is set properly on the printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely double check tomorrow when I'm planning to stop by the cartridge store where I left the printer. 

Not ruling out anything but in the eight + years I've had the printer it has been used an average of a handful of regular text pages a year at most. I just had to replace the black starter cartridge, the colors are still from the starter kit it came with.

HP Recommended

There're two possble issues come to my mind.

One is the pick-up roller the other one is the  59.C0 error due to Sticky Solenoids problem.

http://westhillprinters.blogspot.com/2011/12/sticky-solenoids.html

The difference between them is the pick-up roller will just try to turn two or three times to get paper if it doesn't work you'll see paper jam message on the front panel, but the other one is not you will hear that the machine turns looks like it'll pick up paper but it'll never realy pick up any paper it just truns and it pause for a while and it turns again and it pause ....... seems like it'll never end. If you let it doing that again and again it'll come to the end by showing 59.C0 error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOc7T4zo-uQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewD2CreHHdw&t=73s

It'll be a big job to do.

Check here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-CLJ-CM2320fxi-keeps-spinning-cleaning-and-never-p...

Conjunto de 3 vídeos resolvendo o erro de alinhamento do mecanismo.
HP Recommended

Thanks again for the feedback! I went to the store and the salesman tried to print the Configuration Report with no luck: there was printing noise again repeatedly several times without anything coming out of the printer (yesterday he had actually printed the supply report which came out perfect).

I took the printer back and tried to print the configuration report but not sure which it is. Pressing forward on the arrow after pressing the OK button I'm getting:

Setup Menu Reports

Setup Menu Quick Forms

Setup Menu System Setup

Setup Menu Service

Setup Menu Network Setup

Also I checked the roller in the back as suggested. Everything looks like new which it's not surprising given that the printer was used very little. 

I haven't tried to let it attempt to print until I get an error message (didn't want to ruin it, I don't know how many times it's going to try to print before the error code).

The fixing of the error code looks like a big job. 

Also the salesman suggested the motherboard may have been affected by a power surge. We did have power losses about once a year and the printer may have been on (and no surge protector :()

If that's the case can the printer still be fixed without costing as much as a new one?

HP Recommended

I was able to print the Configuration Report. Excerpts:

Firmware Date: 20100430

Total Memory: 128MB

Available Memory: 86.29 MB

Total Impressions: 331

Jam Events: 2

Mispick Events: 0

Auto Continue: Off

# of Copies: 1

PS Wait Timeout: 300 Seconds

Under the Event Log there are some codes for certain page numbers (total ten pages). Some codes are the same for different pages, not all of them in order. 

For example, Code 54.1103 for pages 316, 318 (listed under two codes), 320, 331.

I don't know if this is showing anything. Any ideas? Thanks! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.