Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (65 Views)

Problem printing to wireless

Product Name: P1102W printer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a laser printer - HP 1102W with wireless. We had AT&T as out ISP and the IP address the printer got from the DHCP was 192.168.1.6 We changed over to Spectrum and the wireless network IP address changed to 192.168.0.4.

I changed the computers to print to the new IP address, but, they don't always find the printer.

I also can't ping the printer, but, if I print out an information sheet, it shows the correct IP settings.

If I reboot the printer, that works about half the time. Sometimes we can go months with it working fine, then all out of the blue, it just gets "stupid".

The very first thing I tried was to go into the web interface and do a factory reset via the web interface. That didn't work.

What's frustrating is that it worked fine for over a year and it was only when we changed the IP address of the network that it got "stupid". Is there some kind of factory reset I can do other than the web interface?

I've tried both DHCP and manual IP and it's the same either way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (41 Views)

Re: Problem printing to wireless

Hi @rengelhardt52 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Follow this link and try updating the firmware and check if it worked out. Smiley Happy

Let me know how that pans out. Smiley Happy

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. Smiley Wink

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation