Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. First of all I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

I recently bought a HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3515 printer. The printer works fine (prints, scans and copies). There is only one problem with it. It returns me an error when I'm shutting it off. This happens very often but not always, it is kinda annoying. The error is displayed as: ERROR CODE 0X02B7C2ED SM_MODULE C  (the error is also shown on the image). I tried to Google the problem but without effects. I don't know what could be the problem. Can someone help me please, because I have no idea what could be the issue. Thanks for any replays.

HP3515_error_code.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This issue has been fixed. It was my D-Link DIR-615 router that was causing the problem all the time. When i changed the router to a different one the printer start shutting down normally.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended
How long has the error code been occurring?
Have you change the ink cartridges previously?

Try to take them out and place them back in.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

To be honest, the error has been occurring since I bought the printer. I noticed it the first day when I bought the product. I tried the solution with the ink cartridges - didn't help at all. I have original HP cartridges that came with the printer. I tried to find the meaning of the code on HP's  site but I just found error codes that doesn't match with mine.

HP Recommended

I purchased a DeskJet 3510 just after Christmas. 

General setup went fine, but when I  set up the ePrint (by pressing the button on the front panel and following the prompts), the same error occurred during that setup process. 

Since then, the machine doesn't power off, but kicks back that error and simply reboots into an active mode. 

Concerned that, since it mentions a "sm_module" there is a hardware problem?

Replacing a defunct Cannon printer/lemon with this, and really hoping for a smooth ride. 

So far, all the operations of the printer seem to be working OK, but this error lurking in the background is concerning.

Help?

Error code

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  Hopefully HP will get us a workaround soon and let us know.

HP Recommended

Finally called HP tonight, and worked through some troubleshooting that finally resolved the issue.

Tried a couple power-cycling instances:

Remove power from wall, and from unit.

Hold down power button for 1 minute.

Reconnect, and power on. 

(no luck. Error message continued to show up during shut-down)

Removed ink cartridges.

Removed power from unit for 1 minute. 

During that time, cleaned copper contacts on ink cartridges with damp q-tip.

Insert power, boot up, wait for "missing ink" message.

Replace cartridges.

Align cartridges (including scan of print-out)

Seemed to resolve the issue.

Unit powers off successfully (and faster!)

All good so far.

HP Recommended

Today I tried the msteinruck's solution. This didn't work for my 3515 printer. The error still keeps occurring.

HP Recommended

This issue has been fixed. It was my D-Link DIR-615 router that was causing the problem all the time. When i changed the router to a different one the printer start shutting down normally.

HP Recommended

hi, my name is Musid i have just bought my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3515 butt it shows CODE ERROR OXC4EB981B HW-MICC12 C, what could be the problem? please help me. thnks.

HP Recommended

Hello musidi,

I would like to provide you with some troubleshooting steps to hopefully resolve this issue with your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3515 e-All-in-One Printer. I believe that error code OXC4EB981B is actually referring to a carriage jam.

Click on the link below and follow the steps listed:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03368578

If the steps above don't resolve the issue, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Best regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.