Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I’ve got a problem with my HP LaserJet 1022 on Windows 10. I installed the driver for it manually from Windows Update Center, using "Add printer" in  "Devices and Printers" (because when I just connected it to the computer via USB, some drivers were installed, but the printer could not print, so I had to delete those drivers and the device, too). And my printer CAN print now, but every time I see an error in the system log. For example, for the 1-page document which was printed perfectly:

Data type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes: 1355184. Number of bytes printed: 1355184. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\name. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 1803. The printer command is invalid.

I don’t understand why. Can anybody help me, please?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @KittyMarilin,

I understand you are getting an error every time you print with your HP LaserJet 1022, even though the page is printed properly. I will do my best to help.

I recommend trying to uninstall the software currently on your computer, then reinstall the software from the HP website.

HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

HP Printers - Download and Install Printer Driver and Software Via USB

Software and driver results - HP LaserJet 1022

If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply! And sorry my English, it’s not my native language.

First of all, I want to mention than there are no lines in "Programs and Features" with LaserJet or just HP in them. So, no programs associated with my printer to uninstall.

Plus, when I come to http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-1022-Printer-series/439424/model/439431, there are no Driver-Product Installation Software or drivers at all for Microsoft Windows 10. Only HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.

What do you suggest me to try, then? Or shall I describe step by step what I did to install the driver I’ve got now?

HP Recommended

Hi @KittyMarilin,

My apologies for the link, there is not a set of HP full feature drivers for this printer, it is only compatible with Windows 10 through the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Try creating a new user account on the computer, then install the HP printer on the new account. Do you still get the message when you print?

Create a local user account in Windows 10

If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I did as was said in the instructions. I removed the device (from Devices and Printers) and its drivers (from printui /s). Then I selected the Yes option in Device Installation Settings, turned on the printer and connected it to the computer. Windows 10 installed TWO drivers - HP LaserJet 1022 and HP LaserJet 1022 Class Driver. I tried to print, but failed. Then I wanted to add some driver manually with the Add a Printer wizard, chose "The printer I want isn't listed",  because there were not any printers in the list, and so on, according the instruction. But at the last step there was not HP LaserJet 1022 driver in the list of Windows Update, only LaserJet 1022n and LaserJet 1022nw. I stopped.

I disconnected the USB printer cable from the computer, removed the device and the drivers again, selected the No option in Device Installation Settings, added manually the driver HP LaserJet 1022 with the Add a Printer wizard (now it WAS in the list), removed the device which was added in the process, made sure that the driver is still in the system (using printui /s, and now there was ONE driver - HP LaserJet 1022). Then connected printer to computer, the device appeared again on USB001 port, and I could print.

For the new account the situation is the same. Wrong drivers installed automatically, a good driver installed manually, but with the same errors in the system log.

HP Recommended

Hi @KittyMarilin,

At this point I have exhausted the troubleshooting solutions I can suggest through this medium. I recommend contacting HP for further assistance.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear 

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.