Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrinceOfPrints
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Proximity card reader intermittently flashing amber. Will not register card swipe.

HP Color LaserJet FlowMFP M681
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

In our organization, we have 12 HP printers configured with proximity card readers to facilitate secure pull printing. Recently, two HP Color LaserJet FlowMFP M681 printers had their firmware updated to version 4.9.0.1. This update may not have been the cause of the change in behaviour, but recently both of these printers started having their proximity card readers fail. I've yet to find a pattern, but almost daily each will have its card reader stop registering swipes for Secure Pull printing (the secure pull components remain installed on the printer). 

I want to try to rollback the firmware version, but don't see a download from the printers' software page at support.HP.com. Can someone suggest where I might find older firmware versions for this model printer? 

Of course, if someone can suggest another fix for the proximity card reader problem, I welcome any.

1 REPLY 1
Level 11
Level 11
3,563 3,549 353 740
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Proximity card reader intermittently flashing amber. Will not register card swipe.

If you know which firmware you need, PM me the revision number and I will see what I can do. You may need to check with the supplier of your software as that may need updating.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation