Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M29w
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Assigning static IP address settings for LaserJet Pro M29w that are currently blank

1. I would like to be able to be able to print online Internet documents from macOS 10.15 Catalina to wireless HP LaserJet Pro M29w while keeping wireless internet connection active.  In other words, I would like to have both the wireless internet connection and wireless LaserJet Pro M29w connected at the same time. Currently, using HP Print Direct, I print to the MFP M29w print queue and then click the wireless printer to allow it to connect and print which disconnects the wi-fi internet connection and then after printing I recheck the wi-fi internet connection to make it is active which disconnects MFP M29w from its wireless connection.

2. I believe I need to setup static IP settings on the MFP M29W or maybe a bluetooth connection. Currently, via the settings print out for the MFP M29W, the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway fields are blank. I'm hoping that I can assign it simple static settings of IP address: 192.168.1.1 Subnet mask:255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: the address for the HotSpot internet connection.

3. Question: How can I configure the HP LaserJet Pro  MFP M29w so that it has an active wi-fi Internet connection and printer connection via macOS10.15 Catalina at the same time for online printing online documents.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Are you using a router supplied by your internet provider to connect. If so, you simply connect the printer and the computer to the same SSID (wireless identifier) and then you will be able to print and browse. 

Check the user guide here for information on configuring via MAC OS https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1050135681.pdf

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are you using a router supplied by your internet provider to connect. If so, you simply connect the printer and the computer to the same SSID (wireless identifier) and then you will be able to print and browse. 

Check the user guide here for information on configuring via MAC OS https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1050135681.pdf

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You mention you connect with WiFi Direct which is intended for use when there is no network access, do you have a home wireless network with internet access?

You would need to connect the printer you your home network (wireless router), then the Mac will access both the internet and the printer through your wireless network connection.

Please clarify if you have a wireless network in place, so I will guide you how to connect the printer accordingly.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you vert much for the response! I have the Verizon Wireless Inernet Hot Spot (router's)  Primary Network Name(SSID), IP  address, and password, but I'm having issues being able to enter the information into the printer settings. When I try to access the wireless network and WiFI settings via the IP address for HP Embedded Web Server, the Safari web browser redirects me back to the general listings page and I'm not able to view or change wireless network and Wifi settings(it's some kind of feature to protect against IP level hacking access), so I'm trying to figure out how I can change the settings without adding another web browser. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the response! I have the Verizon Wireless Inernet Hot Spot (router's)  Primary Network Name(SSID), IP  address, and password, but I'm having issues being able to enter the information into the printer settings. When I try to access the wireless network and WiFI settings via the IP address for HP Embedded Web Server, the Safari web browser redirects me back to the general listings page and I'm not able to view or change wireless network and Wifi settings(it's some kind of feature to protect against IP level hacking access), so I'm trying to figure out how I can change the settings without adding another web browser. 

HP Recommended

I have the Verizon Wireless Inernet Hot Spot (router's)  Primary Network Name(SSID), IP  address, and password, but I'm having issues being able to enter the information into the printer settings. When I try to access the wireless network and WiFI settings via the IP address for HP Embedded Web Server, the Safari web browser redirects me back to the general listings page and I'm not able to view or change wireless network and Wifi settings(it's some kind of feature to protect against IP level hacking access), so I'm trying to figure out how I can change the settings without adding another web browser. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.