Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Do you have a different Computer where you could you check if the Printer does the same?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had this idea, but I have only one laptop at home, so I can’t test a new printer on another computer.
But I have smartphones. Maybe through them you can somehow print files in the format of the Word?

HP Recommended

Yes, do try printing from your smartphones and let me know if you're able to print from there. It would help us to diagnose if the issue is with the Printer or the Computer.

Thanks

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day!

I tried to print documents via smartphone.
I could not find my printer through the wifi-direct, but then I put it on the ip-address. The last method gave the result, the phone saw the printer correctly, installed the printer driver, after which the printer began printing on the phone through any programs!

Then I tried to install a new printer on my computer using a specific ip-address. A new printer has been installed, but it has the same problem: it formally sends a file from the program WORD to print, the task appears in the print queue for a second and disappears immediately, as completed, but there is no real print.

I think the whole problem is in the driver, but I have already tried installing various drivers for this printer. None of the attempts yielded results.

HP Recommended

Try creating another local account and install the printer drivers and try to print: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Keep me posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good evening!

I logged on to my laptop under a different account (administrator). Under this entry, everything is perfectly printed from any program.

Then I tried to print a test page using the same HPdevice under my account (domain administrator account) and under the local computer account (local device administrator).
Under the device administrator's account, there are no problems with printing a test page, but under my domain administrator account I get the error: "The test print page was printed incorrectly. The parameter was set incorrectly."

Then it is obvious that my account has some limitations. Maybe I need to change something in the registry or security policies?

HP Recommended

This is an Operating System issue. I recommend you contact Microsoft regarding this.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day!

I'm not sure that your answer is correct, because the operating system is one, the drivers are the same, but if you work as a laptop user, then everything is printed as it should, but if you work as a domain user, then the printer can print only graphic files.
I think that these are some restrictions set by accounting policies and you should understand that this may affect your software ...

P.S. I have other HP printers that work correctly under my account.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is an account issue related to permissions. Try this:

Create a folder and right click it (CTRL+ Left click) and select Get Info, check the box next to Share folder.

Under the permissions section ensure your user account have read and write permissions.

From System Preferences select Sharing, ensure that File sharing is enabled and click the Edit / Options button.

Ensure the SMB option is checked and the user is listed and selected, add the user if required.  

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

However, the answer is not clear to me.
Where should I create a folder? How should I name a folder? What kind of rights should be given.

May you write more detailed instructions for my actions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.