Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Linux

I'm using ubuntu 18.04 on amd64 with hplip 3.19.8 and have the same problem.

the suggested link doesnt work and tell me:

We're sorry

HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back later.

I'll wait you help. Thanks

Antonio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@thekansas, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This condition occurs when the printer is too hot to continue printing. Depending on your printer, wait 1 to 15 minutes for the message to clear and the lights on the control panel to stop blinking. Cool down mode does not damage the printer, and the printer automatically resumes printing when cooling is complete.

HP Laser and LaserJet printers might need to cool down because of high-quality printing, poor ventilation, or large print jobs. Use these tips to improve printer performance or lessen cool down time:

• Place the printer in a cool area with good air flow. Make sure the printer is in a well-ventilated location away from direct sunlight and heat sources.

• Change printer settings. When you do not need to print in detail, change the Print Quality setting to Draft.

• Allow the printer to cool during large print jobs. Divide very large print jobs into smaller batches and wait 1 to 2 minutes between batches.

Also, Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@thekansas, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This condition occurs when the printer is too hot to continue printing. Depending on your printer, wait 1 to 15 minutes for the message to clear and the lights on the control panel to stop blinking. Cool down mode does not damage the printer, and the printer automatically resumes printing when cooling is complete.

HP Laser and LaserJet printers might need to cool down because of high-quality printing, poor ventilation, or large print jobs. Use these tips to improve printer performance or lessen cool down time:

• Place the printer in a cool area with good air flow. Make sure the printer is in a well-ventilated location away from direct sunlight and heat sources.

• Change printer settings. When you do not need to print in detail, change the Print Quality setting to Draft.

• Allow the printer to cool during large print jobs. Divide very large print jobs into smaller batches and wait 1 to 2 minutes between batches.

Also, Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks you for help

HP Recommended

@thekansas

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.