Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DESPERATE222
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Printer does not connect to new router

i have an office pro 8610. I recently had problems with my internet. my internet company reset my router and ever since my printer will not connect. I have been trying for over an hour through chat, (robot doesnt get it), hp doctor, online .....everything. suggestions include getting ip address of the printer - when i hit the wireless button, the ip address does NOT show up! I printed the wireless network test results and under the SOLUTIONS, it reads " if MAC address filtering is enabled....blah, blah. Problem is I havent had my MAC for a long time. I am on a pc with windows 8. Is that what MAC refers to or is that an acrynom I am not familiar with? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
3,210 3,197 305 627
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Printer does not connect to new router

In this case MAC has nothing to do with Apple computers. in the case it is Media Access Controller and relates to the network card of the printer. On some models you can restrict who can print to a printer by telling it to allow only certain network cards with a particular hardware address to print. Chances are when the router was reset the SSID and password was changed on the router. Are you able to connect the printer via a wired network cable, even temporarily so that you can reset the printer settings for the wireless. If not you could also perform a factory reset on the printer, check youtube for a video on doing that.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation