Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart D110 with the same problem. All WIFI connections are really fast and the printer is readily found most of the time. When I push "print"  in MS Word or a PDF file and printer comes to life immediately but a simply print job that use to be blazing fast is nor taking forever!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can provide.!

Cheers. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Greatjr,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• What is the operating system you are using?
  • Do you face the same issue when you make a copy?
  • Have you followed the steps suggested in the thread?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 
  2. Remove USB cable, if present. 
  3. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge. 
  4. Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer. 
  5. Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

PDF pages are the #1 issue for post-updates of Windows.  Most updates are loaded with security patches.  This is not a technical term, but they act like a funnel and push the entire signal through one little opening in the port.  It drops the data rate and also makes the driver revert to a kind of old school mapping of each dot.  So, a 400k file may turn into a 20 meg file.

Two things help.   First, completely uninstall and reinstall the drivers.  Use the fresh set of drivers from HP.com.  The disk (if it came with one) is likely out of date.  Reinstall it like you just bought it.

If that does not work, the next thing will take someone who knows a little bit about computers.  If you do, cool.  if not, get help.  This is sometimes of a long-shot because most PC companies do not provide motherboard component updates. But, give it a try.  You must be connected to the internet when doing it.  

Uninstall the drivers completely.  Go into the System, Devices, and update the drivers for the USB Root Hub.  If there is one available, install it.  Sometimes you need to right click, remove device, then add device, to get it to look for updates online.

Once that is complete, reinstall the drivers like above.

Just remember that USB is dying out, slowly.  Very little support is out there for USB. 

Hope this helps...

GaryL1

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. First; answers to questions

Win 10 64 bit prof

No, it copies fine.

Yes, all of them and more including unplugging etc. etc.

The only thing that has changed recently is a new router (Arris supplied by Cogeco Cable)with built in WIFI.  It IS connected by WIFI.

All other WIFI applications work fine.

Cheers

Greatjr

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry, I thought you were using USB.  I guess I read it too fast.  Is it possible to plug in the network cable to see if it is slow by wired network or just wi-fi?

HP Recommended

I only wish at this point. Unfortunately I don 't have the cable.  Until now I've never needed it.

Thanks

Greatjr

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.