Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
107w

This issue was posted by someone else using the same title. It was marked as solved but I can see the solution and I’m clicking around going in circles.

I just bought this printer today and logged to 192.168.223.1 and changed the admin id to my name and the password and I’ve not been able to log in at all now. I’ve tried to reset the printer to factory settings but the admin and ID and password persists. I literally changed it an hour ago and have been trying to login ever since.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LittleRedFoot8

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I only recently bought this printer, from Argos ( a larger retailer with physical shops in the UK), but when I enter the serial number on your website this is what I get.

"This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website."

HP Recommended

@LittleRedFoot8

Follow these steps to fix the issue:

Restore network settings to default settings

You can revert the wireless network settings to the default values. Press and hold the (Wireless) button on the control panel for about 20 seconds. When the (Attention) LED and the (Power) LED start blinking together, release the (Wireless) button.

Connect the printer again to the WiFi network.

Login to the EWS page with the default credentials and change the password.

Username: admin

Password: "leave it blank"

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, tried your suggestion a few times. It doesn't work.

I've tried to add screenshots but it's not working either. Nothing seems to work with hp. I made a big mistake. Never again. 😭

hp printer01.JPGhp printer02.JPG

HP Recommended

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.