Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP P1606
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem I am having is the Web Service is set to Manual and the IP, subnet mask, and default gateway is O.O.O.O.

So I am unable to access the web services to reset it to DHCP so I can use the printer on the network.  I have had this issue for sometime and I recently did just update to the newest Firmware 20201023

Service ID: 22102

Software Driver Version 20120926

Thank you, Jas

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jas77

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Print a Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page, and then use the information on it to wirelessly connect your printer.

1. Print a Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page.

• Printers with a control panel menu: Print the page from the Wireless, Network Settings, or Setup menu.

• Printers without a control panel menu: Print the page using button combinations on the printer control panel.

For most printers, press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons at the same time.

For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers, touch and hold the Information button  until all control panel buttons light up, and then touch the Information and Resume buttons at the same time.

2. On the printout, find the Wireless Status, IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and URL.

• Wireless status: Under 802.11 Wireless, the Status should be Connected. If it is not, your printer is not connected to the wireless network. Connect your printer to the network. For more information, go to Connect to a wireless HP printer.

A Wireless Status of Connected on the Network Configuration Page

• IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway: Under 802.11 Wireless, find the printer's IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers. If you see different numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, you only need the IPv4 numbers.

Identifying the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway on the Network Configuration Report

• URL(s): Under General Information, find the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server. Your printer might have more than one URL.

Finding the URL for Embedded Web Server on the Network Configuration Page

3. From a computer connected to the same network as your printer, open an internet browser, type one of the URLs into the address field, and then press Enter to open the printer's EWS. If the EWS does not display, try another browser.

4. In the EWS, click the Network or Networking tab, open the Wireless menu option, and then click IPv4 Configuration.

5. Select Manual IP, and then provide your printer information.

Manually setting a printer IP address in the EWS

• To auto-fill all fields, click Suggest a Manual IP Address, and then make sure the fields for Manual IP Address, Manual Subnet Mask, and Manual Default Gateway match your printer's information on the Network Configuration Page.

• If Suggest a Manual IP Address is not available, type the information from the Network Configuration page into the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway fields.

6. Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.

•  You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). You can find the DHCP range of the router using its internal settings page or in its manual. Use the CD that came with your router or type the router's IP address (ends in .1) into a browser.
  • - Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
  • - Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one blank.  <<< The DNS could be your problem.  If this does not work, try Google's DNS 8.8.8.8
  • - Click 'Apply'.
  • Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer. After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.