Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I need to reset the password on this printer. It's my father's, and I wasn't the one to set up the printer. I can't access any of the settings without this unknown password. All the solutions on this message board relating to this issue were sent via private message, so that doesn't help me. I did try "admin" as a password, but that didn't work.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

@KJB25

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you want to reset the printer password.

You need to perform an NVRAM reset to fix the problem. However, as the steps to perform an NVRAM reset is confidential and dedicated to your printer. I will be sending you a private message please watch your inbox for more information.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issues i was wondering if u kould assist me.

HP Recommended

@Kaygee2,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a reset on the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did anyone get back to you on how to reset the printer password? I am having the same problem and can't seem to get any answers.

HP Recommended

@NVboys,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you made any changes before the issue started?

I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a reset on the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I’m having the same issue.  I will appreciate any help.

HP Recommended

So here is what I found that worked... type into google ‘factory reset HP Laserjet M277dw’ even if this is not the exact model you have ( I have a Laser Jet Pro MFP M130fw). You’ll see a You Tube video listed dated 4/1/16 and no, it’s not an April Fools joke. I think it’s in a different language but just follow what this guy does-it totally worked for me and reset the printer back to its factory setup.  Hope it works for you too!

HP Recommended

Dear HP team,

I have having the same problems therefore requesting to you please share the procedure to reset its password as per subject line printer model.

HP Recommended

Hello! i have 1 MFP130fw with a lost password. Thaks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.