cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Retaining clip part number for HP LaserJet Pro Color 200 M251nw

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

While replacing the secondary transfer roller the right hand retaining clip broke and was thrown away. The transfer roller does not lock into place causing print quality issues. Looking in the service manual, the part is "A27" for the Paper Feed Guide Assembly. Ordered that part and neither retaining clip was included. How is that part ordered? Apart from taking one from another printer, this device is now a paper weight. Have looked online, asked colleagues and now turning to this forum to see if there is a way to order retaining clips for the secondary transfer roller located in the paper feed assembly. Thank you for any assistance provided. Have a wonderful day! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,511
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Meg2016

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251 and the retaining clip of the secondary transfer roller has broken. You ordered the part and it came without the retaining clip. I'll try my best to assist you.

I suggest you to check for the part availability in the HP Part Surfer website or contact the HP phone support to order the correct part. 

Secondly, you may check page# 12 of the repair manual and check if the part is mentioned/listed.

Feel free to reply. Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation