Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp Laserjet Enterprise Pro 725
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There

Iam Not able to use SCAN TO NETWORK FOLDER  on all my windows 10 -64 Bit PC's. I Have done similar sharing settings and my windows 7 PC's and They Seems To Be working fine but when when I'm adding the same for my windows 10 pc , it shows an error" please verify the configuration settings".

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Try the below steps: to make the Scan to network folder work

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Network  button to display the IP address or host name. 

2. Open a Web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name of the printer exactly as it displays on the printer control panel. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.

NOTE:

If the Web browser displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing this website will not harm the computer.
Method one: Use the Save to Network Folder Wizard
-This option opens the setup wizard that is in the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) for the product. The setup wizard includes the options for basic configuration.
 NOTE:
Before you begin: To display the printer's IP address or host name, touch the Network  button on the printer's control panel.
  1. Click the Scan/Digital Send tab. The E-mail and Save to Network Folder Quick Setup Wizards dialog opens.
  2. Click the Save to Network Folder Quick Set Wizard link.
  3. On the Add or Remove a Save to Network Folder Quick Set dialog, click Add.
NOTE:
Quick Sets are short-cut jobs that can be accessed on the product Home screen or within the Quick Sets application.
  1. NOTE:
    The Save to Network Folder feature can be minimally configured without creating a quick set. However, without the quick set, users must enter the destination folder information at the control panel for each scan job. A quick set is required to include Save to Network Folder metadata.
  2. On the Add Folder Quick Set dialog, complete the following information:
    1. In the Quick Set Title field, type a title.
         NOTE:
      Name the Quick Set something that users can understand quickly (e.g., "Scan and save to a folder").
    2. From the Button Location drop-down, select one of the following options to indicate where the Quick Set button will display on the product control panel:
      • Quick Sets Application
      • Home Screen
    3. In the Quick Set Description field, type a description explaining what the Quick Set will save.
    4. Click Next.
  3. On the Configure Destination Folder dialog, complete the following information:
    1. In the UNC Folder Path field, type a folder path where the scan will go.
      The folder path can either be the fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) (e.g., \\servername.us.companyname.net\scans) or the IP address of the server (e.g., \\16.88.20.20\scans). Be sure that the folder path (e.g., \scans) follows the FQDN or IP address.
         NOTE:
      The FQDN can be more reliable than the IP address. If the server gets its IP address via DHCP, the IP address can change. However, the connection with an IP address might be faster because the product does not need to use DNS to find the destination server.
    2. From the Authentication Settings drop-down, select one of the following options:
      • Use credentials of user to connect after Sign In at the control panel
      • Always use these credentials
           NOTE:
        If Always use these credentials is selected, a user name and password must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the printer’s access to the folder must be verified by clicking Verify Access.
    3. In the Windows Domain field, type the Windows domain.
         NOTE:
      To find the Windows domain in Windows 7, click Start, click Control Panel, click System.
      To find the Windows domain in Windows 8, click Search, enter System in the search box, and then click System.
      The domain is listed under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings.
    4. Click Next.
  4. On the Configure File Scan Settings dialog, set the default scanning preferences for the Quick Set, and then click Next.
  5. Review the Summary dialog, and then click Finish.
  6. On the Save to Network Folder Setup dialog, review the selected settings, and then click Finish to complete the setup.

This should be of good help. Please do reply if this did not fix the issue.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please  follow the  below steps 

You’ll need to enable old-fashioned file sharing on Windows, as other operating systems can’t access homegroups. To do this, open the Control Panel and navigate to Network and Sharing > Change advanced sharing settings. Enable “network discovery” and “file and print sharing.”

Tweak the other options here if you’d like to share public folders over the network without requiring a password.

network.png

Locate the folder you want to share in Windows Explorer or File Explorer, right-click it, and select Properties. Click the Sharing tab and use the options here to share a folder and configure its permissions.

network 1.png

Access a Shared Folder from Windows

Visit the Network pane in Windows Explorer or File Explorer to view other computers sharing files with you. You’ll see properly configured Mac and Linux computers appear in this list along with nearby Windows PCs. Double-click a computer to view its shared files.

network 2.png

You can also connect directly to a computer if you know its name or IP address. Just type //COMPUTERNAME into Windows Explorer or File Explorer’s location bar and press Enter. Replace COMPUTERNAME with the computer’s local IP address if you want to connect directly to an IP address instead.

network 3.png

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Please follow the below steps:

Before you begin
   NOTE:
To set up the Scan to Network Folder feature, the product must have an active network connection.
Administrators need the following items before beginning the configuration process.
Administrative access to the product
The fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) (e.g., \ \servername.us.companyname.net\scans) of the destination folder OR the IP address of the server (e.g., \\16.88.20.20\scans).
   NOTE:
The use of the term "server" in this context refers to the computer where the shared folder resides.
   NOTE:
The network folder must be set up as a shared folder for the Scan to Network Folder feature to work. For more information about setting up a shared folder, see Set up a shared folder (c04431534).
Step one: Access the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS)
From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Network  button to display the IP address or host name.
Open a Web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name of the printer exactly as it displays on the printer control panel. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.
Figure : Example of an IP address in a browser window

NOTE:
If the Web browser displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing this website will not harm the computer.
Figure : EWS home screen graphic

Set up Save to Network Folder
Method one: Use the Save to Network Folder Wizard
This option opens the setup wizard that is in the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) for the product. The setup wizard includes the options for basic configuration.
   NOTE:
Before you begin: To display the printer's IP address or host name, touch the Network  button on the printer's control panel.
Click the Scan/Digital Send tab. The E-mail and Save to Network Folder Quick Setup Wizards dialog opens.
Click the Save to Network Folder Quick Set Wizard link.
On the Add or Remove a Save to Network Folder Quick Set dialog, click Add.
   NOTE:
Quick Sets are short-cut jobs that can be accessed on the product Home screen or within the Quick Sets application.
   NOTE:
The Save to Network Folder feature can be minimally configured without creating a quick set. However, without the quick set, users must enter the destination folder information at the control panel for each scan job. A quick set is required to include Save to Network Folder metadata.
On the Add Folder Quick Set dialog, complete the following information:
In the Quick Set Title field, type a title.
   NOTE:
Name the Quick Set something that users can understand quickly (e.g., "Scan and save to a folder").
From the Button Location drop-down, select one of the following options to indicate where the Quick Set button will display on the product control panel:
Quick Sets Application
Home Screen
In the Quick Set Description field, type a description explaining what the Quick Set will save.
Click Next.
On the Configure Destination Folder dialog, complete the following information:
In the UNC Folder Path field, type a folder path where the scan will go.
The folder path can either be the fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) (e.g., \\servername.us.companyname.net\scans) or the IP address of the server (e.g., \\16.88.20.20\scans). Be sure that the folder path (e.g., \scans) follows the FQDN or IP address.
   NOTE:
The FQDN can be more reliable than the IP address. If the server gets its IP address via DHCP, the IP address can change. However, the connection with an IP address might be faster because the product does not need to use DNS to find the destination server.
From the Authentication Settings drop-down, select one of the following options:
Use credentials of user to connect after Sign In at the control panel
Always use these credentials
   NOTE:
If Always use these credentials is selected, a user name and password must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the printer’s access to the folder must be verified by clicking Verify Access.
In the Windows Domain field, type the Windows domain.
   NOTE:
To find the Windows domain in Windows 7, click Start, click Control Panel, click System.
To find the Windows domain in Windows 8, click Search, enter System in the search box, and then click System.
The domain is listed under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings.
Click Next.
On the Configure File Scan Settings dialog, set the default scanning preferences for the Quick Set, and then click Next.
Review the Summary dialog, and then click Finish.
On the Save to Network Folder Setup dialog, review the selected settings, and then click Finish to complete the setup.
Method two: Use Save to Network Folder Setup
This option enables advanced configuration of the Save to Network Folder feature using the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) for the product.
   NOTE:
Before you begin: To display the printer's IP address or host name, touch the Network  button on the printer's control panel.
Step one: Begin the configuration
Click the Scan/Digital Send tab.
On the left navigation menu, click the Save to Network Folder Setup link.
Step two: Configure the Save to Network Folder settings
On the Save to Network Folder Setup dialog, select the Enable Save to Network Folder check box. If this box is not selected, the feature is unavailable at the product control panel.
In the Quick Sets area, click Add. The Quick Set Wizard opens.
   NOTE:
   NOTE:

hope this fixes your issue

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I am attaching one of our support document on scan to network folder related.

HP LaserJet Pro MFP - Scan to a network folder

From <https://support.hp.com/wise/DocumentDetail/ams-en?contentType=Support%20Document&docId=c05061054>

one additional suggestion I would give, is try to using the Scan to Network Folder Wizard, within Full solution package when installed. you could check what is the folder permission would require after using the Wizard to setup and compare with your destination folder for any difference.  

hope it helps. 

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please  find the STEP by STEP solution for SCAN TO NETWORK FOLDER.

1> Create a folder on your desktop

right click>new>folder>name the file

2>Right click on the folder>properties

3>a windows gets opened>select the Sharing option >advance sharing>share this folder>permissions>everyone>allow full control>apply ok>apply ok>close

make sure before closing>copy the network path and save it

4> For access: Right click on the folder>properties

Select security tab>edi>add>everyone>ok> allow full control>apply ok.

For scan folder>open the EWS page

put the Printer IP address in any of the browser.

once it get opened>on left side of the page select network folder setup>new> paste the network path which you had copied earlier>give the display name > USERNAME and PASSWORD> save and test.

result: the test has been completed successfully.

then go near to the printer>select the disply name and scan it.

I hope the Issue will get resolved.

If you face any issues contact to HP care.

Thanks,

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

#HP Expert Day

HP Recommended

Using an HP 476NW with Windows 10 over wired Scanning to network folder would mysteriously stop working eventhough nothing in any settings changed.

I spent hours & hours trying o solve this issue. Here is what I found:

2-3 causes to the problem.

We changed all of the following and all is good now.

1. Norton firewall adjusted to allow the printer through the firewall (except the printer from being blocked);
  2. I was using a PIN on Windows 10 – I stopped using that and changed the windows logon to a a password and not a PIN
  3. On the scanning software – changed the network path from words (\\network\scan\etc) to the computers IP address (192.168.x.x\\network\scan\etc).

It has been working for 1 plus week with no errors which is the longest span ever without errors.

KD

HP Recommended

Tried all the steps. Same issue keeping coming back every 2-3 weeks! Is there a way to have it resolved permanently?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.