cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
6 4 1 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen Stays Dark - Intermittent

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise M806
I haven't gotten an answer yet on this question posted in January, so boosting it.

M806 Screen stays dark when coming out of Sleep Mode  

We just installed 3 M806 printers at a customer's site. The onsite IT person is reporting that on all 3 printers, intermittently the printers screens stay dark when coming out of Sleep Mode. The Home button seems to initiate wake up because the fans and motors start up. This was occurring with FutureSmart 3. The firmware has been upgraded to FutureSmart 4 (ver. 4.5.0.1) with no change in behavior. 

Seems unlikely that it's a hardware issue, since all 3 brand new printers are doing this. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I have still not resolved this issue, but I have more information. When the screen goes to sleep and is black, if you shine a flashlight at an angle on it, you can faintly see the HP logo bouncing around the screen, typical of a screen saver. Ether time it is black - when you can wake it up with a touch, or when it won't wake up - you will be able to see the screen saver with a flashlight. 

I replaced the Formatter Board on all three printers with no success. Sure would be nice if HP would chime in here and give me some input.  Smiley Frustrated

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,668 3,639 228 611
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like teh control panel is faulty and may need to be replaced.

Check the connections of the control panel to the rest of the printer.  Sometiems its a simple USB connection.  Reseat the connection after a sleep mode incident and see if that helps brighten up the control panel.

Replace teh control panel as needed from there.

If you have any remaining warranty on the printer this would be a great one to call in and get support for.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation