Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking for help with this issue, the screen is stuck on HP and Energy star logo on startup. Have tried unplugging it for a few minutes but the issue persists. Tried holding the bottom left of screen to get the Permanent storage init. But now that is stuck too.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I managed to fix this problem.
I found the solution in this thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Cannot-update-firmware-of-Color-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M17...
I tried the solution from TarekY:

Hi,

After days of research and trial, I've concluded that the update files have a problem.

I edited the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 PCLmS\test.ini

The last line should be:

1=20180208

Instead of:

1=20180130

Then,  if you run the updater, it will show your printer and make the upgrade successfully.

Well, don't be so happy, as your printer will still show the firmawre datecode to be 20180130.

Any help now from an official HP support personel?

Kind Regards,

Tarek Y.
And i tried the firmware upgrade again and it worked. Screen started working and i can use the printer normally again. I hope anyone who encounters this problem can find this fix and it will help them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.