Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen on MFP M177fw not working after firmware upgrade

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking for help with this issue, the screen is stuck on HP and Energy star logo on startup. Have tried unplugging it for a few minutes but the issue persists. Tried holding the bottom left of screen to get the Permanent storage init. But now that is stuck too.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I managed to fix this problem.
I found the solution in this thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Cannot-update-firmware-of-Color-LaserJet-Pro-MFP-M17...
I tried the solution from TarekY:

Hi,

After days of research and trial, I've concluded that the update files have a problem.

I edited the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 PCLmS\test.ini

The last line should be:

1=20180208

Instead of:

1=20180130

Then,  if you run the updater, it will show your printer and make the upgrade successfully.

Well, don't be so happy, as your printer will still show the firmawre datecode to be 20180130.

Any help now from an official HP support personel?

Kind Regards,

Tarek Y.
And i tried the firmware upgrade again and it worked. Screen started working and i can use the printer normally again. I hope anyone who encounters this problem can find this fix and it will help them.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation