Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw connected wirelessly to my Win10 desktop.

Sometimes, if I don't check the properties, the printer prints duplex (flip over) but other times it does not. What controls this -- is it how the last document printed was set? Is there any way to set a default to NOT print duplex unless specified?

It does not seem to matter from what application I am printing -- Word, pdf, etc.

Thanks, all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Right-click the Start button and select Run.

Type Control and press OK.

Open Devices and Printers.

Right-click the printer icon and select Printer Properties.

Click the Preferences tab, then disable two-sided printing and press OK.

Open the Advanced tab, click the Printing Defaults button and disable two-sided printing there too.

Press OK and confirm any dialog.

Now close and re-open the program you are printing from, any default should not print on both sides from now on.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Right-click the Start button and select Run.

Type Control and press OK.

Open Devices and Printers.

Right-click the printer icon and select Printer Properties.

Click the Preferences tab, then disable two-sided printing and press OK.

Open the Advanced tab, click the Printing Defaults button and disable two-sided printing there too.

Press OK and confirm any dialog.

Now close and re-open the program you are printing from, any default should not print on both sides from now on.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.