Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
MFP M181
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to get my printer to print with my laptop after I changed Internet companies.   I got the printer to connect to the router and i can scan documents using scan and print but any attempts to print give me Erro Printing with no other info.   I tried removing the printer driver and reinstalling the latest package from the HP site.  I get to the point in the instructions when it tells me to press the wireless button and get the signal strength and IP but all it does is give me the message Wireless ON/OFF and it is on obviously since I can scan.  The next step wants me to get the IP address but I do not get it when I press the button.  I have gone through the menus and cannot find it.  The setup won''t let me continue without the IP.  HELP this is driving me crazy!   I was able to print before I change the router.  I got the printer connected to the router and I can scan but it will not print and trying to remove and install the drivers has me in a bigger mess because the printer does not do what the setup sayd it will do when I press the wireless button!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I bought a Brother MFC-L3770CDW printer to replace this one.  I have one at another location and it works great and has a 50 page document feeder and duplex printing and scanning

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I finally found the IP address by printing a report from the setup menu.  So I can scan again but I still get Error - Printing when I try to print.

I used to love HP printers but they are so hard to setup and now they say there is an error but no info on what the error is!!!!!

I think I am going to cut my losses and just by from another company.  I seem to be having much better luck with Brother these days.

HP Recommended

I bought a Brother MFC-L3770CDW printer to replace this one.  I have one at another location and it works great and has a 50 page document feeder and duplex printing and scanning

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.