Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1102w
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi,

I am trying to setup wireless printing on the above printer with Mac Book Pro. I am able to make the setup until I enter the wifi password, and hit apply. At this point, the blue light should go solid, but it does not. It keeps blinking. The wifi password is correct, and the printer previously worked with USB connected. Please help setup. I do not have access to a Windows computer. 

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@miafla

I understand your concerns and I would like to help. We need to check few details first and we could try adding the printer as Airprint

- Do you have any Anti-virus software installed on your MAC? If you do, please deactivate it for now.

- Ensure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
-Note:- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. Do not connect it to 5 GHz Network incase your Router supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, then the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Please check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'. This is very important

Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Also perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display or by printing a Network Configuration Page

Next ensure your Mac and Printer have the latest updates

Printer Firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Mac update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2015

Keep me posted how it goes

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Before you replied, i managed to set up the wifi printing with my mac, BUT it only prints wirelessly from the mac, not from my iphone nor from an android phone. I really need printing from the phones as i dont want to turn on the mac every time i need to print plus im not the only person who wants to print in the household..Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

I googled a lot and couldnt find a solution.

Also let me add i have no idea what network the router is on or what it supports as its not my house and owner doesnt let me push any buttons on it, saying i might mess it up. Is there any way finding it out without going into the router’s settings? I also dont have the client ID to call the provider as its not on my name. 

I have no antivirus software on my mac.

And latest updates are on both printer and mac (and also on phones)

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@miafla

If you are sure that your printer and phones are connected to the same Network, try using HP Smart App on your iPhone to print

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the app already. It shows my printer connected with green checkmark on it, lets me “print”, the blue bar is there showing printing process, but no print comes out.. Tried also a third party printing app with no success. 

The wifi light is solid blue on the printer and i assume its on the correct network as wifi printing works from my Mac. (There is no Info button on printer to print info page which displays what network the printer is connected to)

I really dont understand why it works from my Mac but not from other devices. 

HP Recommended

@miafla

Try connecting your Mac to your Printer through WiFi Direct and let me know if you are able to print

Please follow the instructions on page 44 in the User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04697535

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.