Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M277DW

I volunteer with a charity and they own an MFP M277DW. This lives in a shared office and is regularly "used" by the other office users. I'm trying to find a simple way to lock down the printer so that other people can't use it to print from but also to stop them from accessing the control panel to change the settings on it! The other day I had to reset the language from Italian back to English - not tricky for me, but most of the charity staff are not that IT savvy!

I suspect we need a two-pronged approach - a simple one so that users can print and scan; and, a more technical one to lock down access to the printer controls from the front panel or the web front end. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am not sure how many of these "enterprise" features HP has included in the PRO series products. The user manual for the 277 does not list any locking abilities. For this type of application the M528 is really the product you want to be using as it offers full enterprise security and access control abilities.  If you look at the embedded web server for the printer you may find some security settings not detailed in the user guide.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.