Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Since HPPrint and Scan Doctor visited my printerthere is a problem

HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet ProMFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since that second visit the language on the printer has changed from English. It is now in French and is not behaving in the same way as before. This happened weeks ago and everything I have tried, including support, has failed. 

I just tried to get HP Print and Scan Doctor back on my printer to rectify the problem but it hasn't appeared.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,711 12,688 1,002 967
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MMJ3, Welcome to HP Support Community

Is the printer installed and connected to your computer? If yes, install HP Smart App and follow the steps below-

From the Start Menu select HP Smart and ensure your printer is selected.

Click the printer icon at the right pane and select Printer Preferences.

Click Printer Settings and select the required language, then press Save.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have given you the product number several times - HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M277DW

The small screen will not go to the Start menu. In French it has Copier Numeriser and Fax, so I can print simple things but nothing else is possible. In the top right corner there is a red dash on ((!)) and clicking on this results in Information de connexion at the top and below there are these:

Wi-Fi Dir       Réseau        hp ePrint

ACT.              Wi-Fi dÉs.     DÉSACT.    images above these have ((!)) in the center. I do not know what the other images mean. 

This is all I can go to

I have pretty well given up on support as there doesn't seem to be anything that responds with a human being.

Now there is one, and thanks for your effort, but I still can't do what is suggested as I can't get there. 

I feel HP Print andScan Doctor should visit my computer again for the third time and correct what it achieved, ie restore the English language and remove the French.

Marlo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,458 28,180 4,941 11,139
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Marlo,

Please note that the steps suggested above by @TEJ1602 should be done from the computer, not from the printer front panel which is in French.

You may also change it from the printer itself as following:

Swipe the screen to the side till you locate the Setup icon, it has a Gear icon.

Select System Setup, which is the 5th menu item.

Click on Language, which is the 1st  menu item, and select English from the list.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation