cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Single Envelope Address Alignment

HP Recommended
MFP M148 dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to print from Word using the menu item MAILINGS then ENVELOPES I put a #10 envelope in the bypass tray; add the address information in Word; then click PRINT.  The printer then starts and pauses displaying the message "Manual fee. Envelope, ENV #10".  then "Press OK to use available media"

So, I press OK on the printer and the address prints no where near where it is supposed to.  Instead the address goes towards the center top of the envelope. 

Here is a snip of the Word Dialog 

word dialog.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After two unsuccessful support chat sessions I resorted to experimenting with the printer.  The printer has a feature to check for updates which I invoked this morning.  The firmware date code was 2019-07-18 prior to that.  After the update was applied the date code became 2020-06-05.  And voila!  Now my envelope prints.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem resurfaced.  A second reason this does not work might be related to setting the size of paper for "tray 1" to a certain size.  Here's what I did next and think  possibly this fixed it for good.  The trick may be the Tray 1 paper size needs to be set at "Any Size".  After I set that when I put my envelope into the bypass slot above tray 1, the letter address prints as expected.  Getting to this setting is a bit buried in the front panel menu choices.  Here are the keystokes:

SETUP MENU -- SYSTEM SETUP -- PAPER SETUP -- TRAY 1 -- PAPER SIZE -- ANY SIZE

I set the default paper size to 8.5x11

Hope this helps at least one other!  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation