Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi - I bought this printer about a year ago and it has never really worked that well.  I cannot get it to form a strong connection to my wireless network - although the Wireless Network Test Report confirms it is connected to my wireless network and the signal strength is strong.  Sometimes it prints; but most of the time it does not or doesn't for a very long time.  I have even tried to connect the printer directly to my computer (MacBook Air although it's the same issue with my SurfacePro that I use for work) through the USB cord and it doesn't print easily that way either.  It never prints right away as you would expect.  It either takes a lot of time and eventually prints or else it requires me to reboot the computer which might get it to print or else it just never prints.  It's so frustrating.  The same is true for scanning.  I have done all the online troubleshooting and working with the automated chat system to no avail.  I don't see anywhere on the HP site where you can find a number to call to get live technical support.  I am getting to the point where I might just toss this printer and get a new one and it won't be an HP!  I feel like I am burning cash spending so much time on this issue and also not being able to print.  At this point I just want to know if the problem is fixable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ninamarink, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have slow printing issues from your computer to the printer. This could be an issue with the connectivity or the installed drivers.

Let us try to isolate the issue and then resolve it-

Does the issue occur with a particular application or all applications?

Also, follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Check the print driver settings

Check the print driver settings. Selecting certain paper types or printing in Best or Maximum DPI quality can slow print speeds. Print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.

1. On your Mac, open the photo or document you want to print.

2. Open the photo or document you want to print, click File, and then click Print. For the Photos app, click the Print button at the bottom of the window.

The print settings window opens.

3. Make sure your printer is selected.

4. If you do not see options on the Print dialog box, click Show Details.

5. Click the unnamed menu at the center of the window, click Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality, and then select Normal or Draft from the Quality or Print Quality menu or slider.

Image: Quality options

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.