Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

HP Officejet 6500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a new HP Officejet 6968.  My old printer was an HP Officejet 6500.  I have deleted the old printer, but upon Windows startup I get the following message: "There is a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z\bin\HPStatusBL.dll.  The specified module could not be found."

How do I eliminate this error message?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 826 1,429
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

@nrosr

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you had an HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer and you have deleted it. But when Windows restarts, there is a message saying "There is a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z\bin\HPStatusBL.dll.  The specified module could not be found."

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you installed the drivers for the new HP Officejet 6968 and does it print fine?

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that some of the files of the older  HP Officejet 6500 are not completely uninstalled and that could be a reason for the message to appear. I suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level. However, this will also delete the drivers of the new printer. You can always install them back. To uninstall please follow the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

The above steps will wipe out all printer drivers. The drivers for your  HP Officejet 6968 can be downloaded and installed from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
nrosr Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

Thank you for your help.  I followed the steps you recommended, then restarted my computer.  The error message still appears.  I followed all the steps a second time, then restarted the computer.  The message still appears.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
657 652 26 71
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

Hello, try using this method and see if it will help.

1. Click the Start menu and in the search field type "print management".
  2. On the left side of the Print Management window, select the "All Printers" folder.
  3. If present, right-click the unwanted printer and choose "Delete."
  4. On the left side of the Print Management window, select the "All Drivers" folder.
  5. Right-click the unwanted printer and choose "Remove Driver Package."

Hope this helps....

0 Kudos
nrosr Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

Thank you for your help.  I'm running Windows 10, but I don't have a print management folder.  Here's what I have in Adminstrative Tools:

administrative tools.png

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
657 652 26 71
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

Try this it should work on windows 10 to bring up print management.

Open Run by Windows+R, type printmanagement.msc and tap OK.

After accessing this follow and try the pervious post I sent.

Hope this helps....

0 Kudos
nrosr Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

thank you, tried that and this is what i get:

printmanagement.png

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
657 652 26 71
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Startup error message

Hello, now what happens if you open search and input print management? When you type into search it should popup with the application for you to select and access. Also, another way you can try to access it, is by opening CMD and type in printmanagement.msc and hit enter. After a few seconds it should open the program where you can completely delete old or unwanted drivers. I have tested and can verify that these 2 steps should grant you access to the print management application.

Hope this helps....

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation