Zed1942
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Status Light on Samsung Xpress M2835DW

HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress M2835DW
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Since HP now provides support for Samsung printers I hope this is the correct forum!

The status light on my printer continually flashes red but everything prints just fine. I have managed to determine that this indication means that my imagining unit is reaching the end of its useful light - but there is still 10% left which may well take a year or more to use up. I don't want to see this light flashing every day until the imagining unit gives up the ghost so does anyone know how to turn it off.  Using Easy Printer says that this warning is enabled but I can find no way to disable it?

4 REPLIES 4
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,535 5,519 646 909
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no option for disabling front panel indicators.

If you have imaging drum (or toner) that it is on end of life I think the red status light should be ON, not blinking.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Copier-Pro
Level 9
2,456 2,421 160 344
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

I'm not working with MAC butif  the printer is connected via network use the web interface to get access to the printer setting.I think that there is a setting warning toner low and other parts set at 10% but can be changed to a lower %.Not sure about this model but maybe this will put you in line to check.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
0 Kudos
Zed1942
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand what you say and you are correct that the light will be ON if toner or imaging drum is at the end of its life. However, it still has 10% life remaining so fair enough to warn me that I should order a new one but I don't want to look at a flashing light for next year or so - I should be able to dismiss it but thanks for your comment

0 Kudos
Zed1942
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your comment - I have used the web to look at settings but can find no way to dismiss or disable this warning

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation