Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The printer won't print even not a report from the touchscreen.

If I for instance chose report for Toner on the Touchscreen it say's printing but nothing happens.

Then I can cut the power wait and then maybe I'm lucky to get a report but I can't get another report and on my PC the jobs just disapears from the spooler without printing.

I can scan to my PC and see the webpage of the printer.

It's nearly 2 years old but have only printed 1100 pages 😞

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nedergaard

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 and it no longer prints. The print jobs just disappear from the spooler without printing. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any software changes or update stake place for the printer recently?
  • Is the printer able to make a copy? If yes, then it indicates that the printer's hardware is fine.
  • Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

If the printer continues to not print but is able to make a copy then I suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Please download and install the drivers from this link
  • Also, perform a firmware update on the printer via this link.

If the printer is unable to make a copy then please perform the steps from this HP document.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please feel free to let me know the results. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Nedergaard

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 and it no longer prints. The print jobs just disappear from the spooler without printing. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any software changes or update stake place for the printer recently?
  • Is the printer able to make a copy? If yes, then it indicates that the printer's hardware is fine.
  • Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

If the printer continues to not print but is able to make a copy then I suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Please download and install the drivers from this link
  • Also, perform a firmware update on the printer via this link.

If the printer is unable to make a copy then please perform the steps from this HP document.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please feel free to let me know the results. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Hi no I was not able to make a copy neither 😐 I tried severel power cycles.
But after beeing powered down for a day it works normaly 😊
HP Recommended

@Nedergaard

Great news. Good to hear that the printer is working fine now. 

Happy Printing! 🙂

HP Recommended

Printer is saying error state when  Itry to print

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.