Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M125nw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have a printer problem that is nothing to do with a computer. If I simply request a report to be printed from the printer when it is not connected to a computer, the report prints, but there is a sort of black triangle icon  with a white line in the middle of it that is printed at the end of every other line.

icons.png

I have tried resetting the printer to factory defaults, bu this makes no difference.

The same icons appear when I print from my computer as well. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Could it be an issue with the toner cartridge? I would not expect the output to reflect this though??

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information with regards to a printer test run. I just ran a report and while the paper was coming out I opened the toner door. This stopped the printing and allowed me to manually pull out the paper. From what I could see, there were symbols on the page where the printing had taken place. 

I think that based on your previous comments, this means a potentially faulty toner. I have ordered a new toner which should arrive in 3 days. I will try the test again and post my findings.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @pnewstead,

It seems like you are having a toner cartridge or fuser issue here. To find out which of these two are faulty, you can either try a different toner cartridge or fuser OR you can do a half-page test. To do a half-page test, send a print job to the printer (preferably internal, eg Configuration Report) and try to interrupt the printing by opening the cartridge door when the paper is half way through the fuser. If the issue appears only after the fuser then the faulty part is the fuser. If the issue appears only before the paper passes through the fuser then the faulty part is the toner cartridge.

I hope that helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information with regards to a printer test run. I just ran a report and while the paper was coming out I opened the toner door. This stopped the printing and allowed me to manually pull out the paper. From what I could see, there were symbols on the page where the printing had taken place. 

I think that based on your previous comments, this means a potentially faulty toner. I have ordered a new toner which should arrive in 3 days. I will try the test again and post my findings.

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.