cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Strange Printing Problem - Yellow Blob

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 200 colour MFP 276
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello.

Although I have marked the OS for this as Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan this problem is also reproducable across another 2 laptops both running windows 10.

The problem.

During printout of MS Word Documents or PDFs created by MS Word the printout of the first page has a yellow blob on the upper right hand corner. If I print a document with more than one page or print 2 copies of a single page document the yellow blob only ever appears on the first page. If I print out a single page and then immediately print out another single page then I get the yellow blob on both pages.

If I use other sources to print from, such as the Thunderbird Mail Client or print a test page I do not get a yellow blob on any of the pages printed.

If I select the cleaning option on the printer the page comes out clear.

I have replaced the yellow toner and the problem is eactly as detailed for both the original toner and the new toner.

Printouts from a week ago seem to have been OK from the Widnows 10 laptops, but until today I have not printed anything recently from OS X.

I have tried switching the printer off and on again and the problem remains.

I have upgraded my my OS X drivers to the latest versions from the HP website (not performed this on Windows 10 yet) and the problem remains.

If I try printing in Greyscale from Word on OSX I have exatly the same problem.

My current workaround is to print one blank page at the start of every Word document, but this is not ideal.

The original yellow toner was HP, however the replacement is not, but since the the problem was exactly the same with both toners I suspect it is not toner related.

Please can you offer any suggestions?

Regards,

Stephen

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 405 704
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Steve-Mi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with a yellow blob when printing from Microsoft Word. As you are able to print correctly from other programs, the issue is with Word. If you contact Microsoft, they should be able to assist you further.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. if you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Apologies for the _very_ late reply.

This isn't specifically a Microsoft Issue.

This also occurs with PDF documents.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,014
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just curious, have you ever replaced the yellow toner cartridge since you issue started?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I have replaced the cartridge.

The strange problem has persisted accross 2 cartridges, so I'm assuming it's not the cartridge.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation