Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet P1606dn & CP1525nw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I'm switching from windows to mac, would like to know if these printers will still work ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @FDX

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change from Windows to MAC and are looking to know if the printers are compatible with MAC. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you checked for the printer drivers on HP Website?

For you to utilize the printer features completely on MAC, you need to check if the full feature softwares are available for MAC. 

When I check the drivers page for your printers, the full feature drivers are not available for MAC OS X 10.12.

Which means that you can install the printer using Apple update without the HP printer software. 

To know how to configure the printer using Apple update, please refer to this HP Article

For HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer driver page, click here

For HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer driver page, click here

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @FDX

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change from Windows to MAC and are looking to know if the printers are compatible with MAC. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you checked for the printer drivers on HP Website?

For you to utilize the printer features completely on MAC, you need to check if the full feature softwares are available for MAC. 

When I check the drivers page for your printers, the full feature drivers are not available for MAC OS X 10.12.

Which means that you can install the printer using Apple update without the HP printer software. 

To know how to configure the printer using Apple update, please refer to this HP Article

For HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer driver page, click here

For HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer driver page, click here

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.