Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i print a document, IMAGES with blue print perfectly but TEXT/GRAPHICS with blue print in the wrong shade of blue. PDF/PPT/Website - it all has the same issue

When I print the pdf to an image and then print, the colors are accurate (but the quality is naturally worse). When I screenshot the text/graphics and then print, the colors are also accurate.

I have the same issue printing from the PC (Windows 10) or using Direct WiFi.

I'm guessing the problem is at the printer level but please help me!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SOS_SOS

Are you facing the same issue while making a copy?

If yes, refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-printer-series/14...

If the copy is working fine this could be a driver issue, follow the below suggestion.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

6. Try to print.

Delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

Remove the USB if connected

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-print... to download and install the Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community:)

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks Raj,

That didn't work - I have the exact same issue.

Copy is also working fine - as noted in my post, images print fine / text+graphics do not. I think it's a firmware issue.

Please help.

HP Recommended

Have you already tried upgrading the Firmware?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

Yes. I think downgrading the firmware would be more likely to fix this since the printer I tested in the store worked.

I think the firmware is faulty.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

@SOS_SOS

Uninstall the drivers and try  Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879 for using Windows Built-in Print Driver.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.