Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Example: PaHP LaserJet Pro MFP M225 series
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225 series + The paper is not feeding through the printer correctly. There is a difference in the width of the margin from top to bottom of the paper of about 3 mm.  I am trying to do 2 sided printing from Photoshop.  I have everything set out correctly but the finished print is skewed so the 2 sides do not line up.  The project is to recreate some missing pages from a book.

I installed the latest drivers and the test print, which has corner markers, is also crooked

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How old is your printer? It is possible that the pickup roller is dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced. You can clean the roller using a lint free cloth dampened with water. Let dry and then try printing again.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Skewed image on the page is usually caused by either paper side guides being set too loose or too tight. When set too tight they bow the paper which causes it to shift when it hits the registration assembly. Too loose allows the paper to shift as it is fed. Obstructions in the feed path such as leftover paper from a jam or a label will drag on one side of the paper and cause the skew.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for this.  I have checked the paper path and found no obvious obstruction unless there is somewhere that I can't see.  However, I have now tried some slightly thicker paper and it is much better.  That may be the answer but It's a bit irritating as the paper I generally use isn't cheap but I clearly need to make sure I buy something with more body.  Maybe a warning to others.

HP Recommended

How old is your printer? It is possible that the pickup roller is dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced. You can clean the roller using a lint free cloth dampened with water. Let dry and then try printing again.

HP Recommended

Should I remove it before I clean it?  If so is there a howto I can follow?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

I've just found the video.  Now I can try cleaning the roller

HP Recommended

That seems to have done the trick.  Fingers crossed. Many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.