Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duomus
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The paper is not feeding into the printer correctly.

Example: PaHP LaserJet Pro MFP M225 series
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225 series + The paper is not feeding through the printer correctly. There is a difference in the width of the margin from top to bottom of the paper of about 3 mm.  I am trying to do 2 sided printing from Photoshop.  I have everything set out correctly but the finished print is skewed so the 2 sides do not line up.  The project is to recreate some missing pages from a book.

I installed the latest drivers and the test print, which has corner markers, is also crooked

6 REPLIES 6
Level 11
Level 11
3,557 3,543 353 740
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Skewed image on the page is usually caused by either paper side guides being set too loose or too tight. When set too tight they bow the paper which causes it to shift when it hits the registration assembly. Too loose allows the paper to shift as it is fed. Obstructions in the feed path such as leftover paper from a jam or a label will drag on one side of the paper and cause the skew.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Duomus
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for this.  I have checked the paper path and found no obvious obstruction unless there is somewhere that I can't see.  However, I have now tried some slightly thicker paper and it is much better.  That may be the answer but It's a bit irritating as the paper I generally use isn't cheap but I clearly need to make sure I buy something with more body.  Maybe a warning to others.

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
3,557 3,543 353 740
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How old is your printer? It is possible that the pickup roller is dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced. You can clean the roller using a lint free cloth dampened with water. Let dry and then try printing again.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Duomus
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Should I remove it before I clean it?  If so is there a howto I can follow?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Duomus
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I've just found the video.  Now I can try cleaning the roller

0 Kudos
Duomus
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That seems to have done the trick.  Fingers crossed. Many thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation