Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M479fdw W1A80A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help me. I have tried every effort I saw to familiar models, but I haven't seen any improvement. Furthermore I can't scan. Only scan to email working. Very bad for my business time. Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Does the printer show any errors? Can you print any test pages from the printer itself? 

Try an engine print test:

To verify that the printer engine is functioning, print an engine test page. The test page should have a series of lines that are parallel to the short end of the page. The test page can use only Tray 2 as the paper source, so make sure that paper is loaded in Tray 2.
With the printer on and in the Ready state, open and then close the front door four times (for a simplex print out on both simplex and duplex models) or five times (for a duplex print on duplex models). The printer prints the engine test page.

If the printer doesn't show any errors and you can print a test page from the printer using the control panel, try deleting the printer driver from your computer and reinstalling a new one.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What message are you getting exactly? If it says to load a certain size or type of paper, is that the correct/same size and type you have loaded in your printer and configured the tray for? If not, then change your paper size and/or type on the printer or your computer/document to match the other.

If they are set the same, check your paper tray to make sure the paper size guides are set correctly and not too tight against the paper. Also, check and clean your paper feed/pickup roller.

HP Recommended

20200203_104214.jpg

HP Recommended

I did all that you recommend me. Nothing......(

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, but for some reason your picture is not viewable. I can see pictures others have posted, but yours is just a place-holder symbol.

HP Recommended

THE BEST I CAN....20200204_122409.jpg

HP Recommended

Does the printer show any errors? Can you print any test pages from the printer itself? 

Try an engine print test:

To verify that the printer engine is functioning, print an engine test page. The test page should have a series of lines that are parallel to the short end of the page. The test page can use only Tray 2 as the paper source, so make sure that paper is loaded in Tray 2.
With the printer on and in the Ready state, open and then close the front door four times (for a simplex print out on both simplex and duplex models) or five times (for a duplex print on duplex models). The printer prints the engine test page.

If the printer doesn't show any errors and you can print a test page from the printer using the control panel, try deleting the printer driver from your computer and reinstalling a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.