Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Color-Laser Jet Pro shows emty color-cartriges, even I did not print much in color. After changing the adjustment of the printer I am now using these "empty" cartriges since more than 500 prints. It seems that the counter of printed pages don't make a difference between black and color, as it shows the same on all cartriges. Is there anything I can adjust to see the real amount of color-prints and how to find out if a cartrige is really empty?

Horst

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The most accurate measure of remaining toner is to weigh the cartridge. I do not have the full/half/empty weights in front of me but they are out there.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Repairatrooper for the answer. But it is not really what I wanted to know. I wish to know why HP is wasting so much resources because of the default adjustment of the printer. He stops printing if the software thinks that a cartrige is empty, even there is more toner. Why it is not only warning about "low toner", but continuing printing until the print becomes bad.

I could find the adjustment for this behavior, but not everybody can, as they don't show it in the manual. 

I know that each company tries to earn money, but this should not be against the nature. And changing a half full cartrige is a bad thing!

Horst

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.