2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tonner dragging/dropped on the paper

LaserJet 8150N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a used LaserJet 8150N, when I purchased the printer there was some toner under the cartridge which I removed. I have since printed about a ream of paper and was seeing somewhat looked like toner dragging/dropped on the paper. After removing the cartridge I once again found some toner on paper feed plate.

Thinking it might be a cartridge problem I changed the cartridge.

After about a half ream of paper with the new cartridge, I am getting the same problem. On closer inspection, I see part of the very fine brushes are missing/bent just before the paper roller under the cartridge where the toner builds up.

So, could the missing brushes be causing my problem and if so can I get just the brushes or do I have to get an assembly with the brushes attached? (Part numbers would be greatly appreciated)

Thanks,

Bryan

example (Large).jpg

open door (Large).jpg

missing wiskers (Large).jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Level 11
Level 11
3,586 3,572 357 753
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The anti-static strip should be part of the feed assembly RG5-4305-000CN. Keep in mind that there may also be built up toner underneath the transfer roller and causing problems

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
num1bryanp
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, sorry about this late reply.

How far do I have to disassemble the printer to install the feed assembly RG5-4305-000CN?

Should I replace the feed roller at the same time or just clean the build up if present?

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
AlS77
Level 5
268 258 17 29
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Those little brushes are not the cause of your problem. They only help slightly dissipate any small static buildup on the paper as it goes through, so missing any of them is not that critical and will not cause the toner to drop from the cartridge. It's not worth the hassle of replacement. The problem is from the toner cartridge itself, especially if you're using non-HP, 3rd party cartridges. That's why the new one started out well, but after using it awhile, it began dropping toner. It's often a problem with them. A good one will last a long time. Contact the seller/supplier for another replacement as that one is defective and they should replace it for free. Print out a supplies status page to show them how much toner is left and how many pages have been printed with it and the problem it is having.

As for the transfer roller that sits under the cartridge, you can take it out and carefully clean it and under it if you wish. Replace it if you like, but as long as the basic print quality is good, you don't need to replace it. Even it it's dirty, it likely will not affect your print quality in any way.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation