2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

USB Chromebook printing with Laserjet 1018

Laserjet 1018
Chrome OS

I am resurrecting a Laserjet 1018.  I have been unsuccessful trying to print from a Chromebook.  I have tried 3 HP printing apps including HP print for Chrome. Nothing has worked.  Any other ideas?  Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,259 6,246 338 247
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@F18dad

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Do you get any error message?

Have you tried these steps? https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-laserjet-1018-printer/1814092/document/c04122530

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
F18dad
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Betty0610,  Thanks for the information.  I get the message my Laserjet 1018 cannot be added automatically.  When I try to add manually the 1018 option never comes up.

I don't know if there is a PPD file available for a work around or not.  Or maybe entering another HP printer model would substitute?

Chrome OS just updated, FYI.

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
3,586 3,572 357 753
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

this is a host based printer, meaning it has no built in PCL interpreter and requires specialized support that likely is not supported under Chrome.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation