Highlighted
Intern
Intern
46 32 1 1
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Assign a Static IP on HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

For some reason I missed  this  update in my email.  Thanks for  your  help.

About a week after I got this to work (by configuring the IP via the browswer interface) two of the printers  stopped working  again.  When I logged into the pc's, the printers were offline.  In this case, I ADDed the printer again and it came up and worked.  

Any idea why the printer would lose connectivity?  

I will disable the Automatic update later today and continue monitoring it.  

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
46 32 1 1
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Assign a Static IP on HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

Much to my chagrin, the issue is only partially resolved.  The original issue was that the printers kept going off-line randomly for several (but not all) of the users).  After I was able to configure the  printers (OJ Pro 8710 and 477dw), the printers seemed to work fine. However, I got  call on Friday that the printers were again off-line.    I was able to add the printer (as a new printer) and the user was able to print again.  This seems to also be an HP issue.  I will disable the Auto update feature as mentioned.  I also want to report that  the only pc that did not have an issue was  loaded with Windows 10.  The two pc's that were affected had windows 8 and  Windows 7.  I wil look to see if there was a corresponding Windows update to the printers'  stoppage.

Any ideas  would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation