Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

For some reason I missed  this  update in my email.  Thanks for  your  help.

About a week after I got this to work (by configuring the IP via the browswer interface) two of the printers  stopped working  again.  When I logged into the pc's, the printers were offline.  In this case, I ADDed the printer again and it came up and worked.  

Any idea why the printer would lose connectivity?  

I will disable the Automatic update later today and continue monitoring it.  

HP Recommended

Much to my chagrin, the issue is only partially resolved.  The original issue was that the printers kept going off-line randomly for several (but not all) of the users).  After I was able to configure the  printers (OJ Pro 8710 and 477dw), the printers seemed to work fine. However, I got  call on Friday that the printers were again off-line.    I was able to add the printer (as a new printer) and the user was able to print again.  This seems to also be an HP issue.  I will disable the Auto update feature as mentioned.  I also want to report that  the only pc that did not have an issue was  loaded with Windows 10.  The two pc's that were affected had windows 8 and  Windows 7.  I wil look to see if there was a corresponding Windows update to the printers'  stoppage.

Any ideas  would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.