Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro M201dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have a Laser JEt Pro M201dw and the initial wireless setup was great and worked well. I recently moved and have a new network and cannot get the printer to accept a new SSID. I have tried to reset to manufacture settings but it just resets to last network. I have tried the manual IPv4 config but that doesn't work. Why can I not adda new network to this printer? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try pressing the wireless menu for more than 20 seconds, till the attention light starts blinking together with the power light.

After several moments the printer should restart and you should see an HP-Setup network when looking in your nearby wireless networks.

Make sure that you are connected to your home network (only verify you see an HP-Setup network) and then follow HP Easy Start to connect the printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

You should see a Join option at the beginning of HP Easy Start, follow the steps on screen to join the printer to the wireless network.

Shlomi

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.